Target: Respiratory System
Herbs for Sinus Infections:
Thyme: anti-bacterial/ anti- viral
Oregano: Anti-Bacterial, Anti- Viral
Apple Cider vinegar: antiseptic and demuculant
Cinnamon: ( well diluted and in very small doses) Anti-septic
Licorice root: for its powerful healing properties of membrane walls
Marshmallow Root: demuculant will help sooth irritated membrane walls.
Apple Cider Vinegar; For its antibacterial properties and healing properties from the present levels of pectin.
A good mouth rinse/Gargle Recipe for nasal infections:
- 2 tablespoons of dried thyme leaves
- 16 oz. of distilled water
- 3 tablespoons of dried marshmallow root
- 2 drops of Pre-diluted essential oil of oregano to 2 percent
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider vinegar
- 2 drops of Pre-diluted essential oil of peppermint (or 2 tablespoons of dried peppermint leaves)
- 2 tablespoons of dried licorice root herb
Bring distilled water to a boil and add all dried herbs, Bring heat to a very low simmer, Place a lid on the pot (any herbal oils distilled will return to the water)
for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, Press and strain soaked herbs into a sterile jar.